The purpose of the Fine Arts Department is to provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary for cognitive, creative, and social growth.
We actively seek to:
- Build many types of literacy while developing intuition, reasoning, imagination, and dexterity into unique forms of expression and communication.
- Explore the influence of the arts in their power to create and reflect cultures.
- Engage students in a process that enables them to develop the self-esteem, self-discipline, self-motivation and cooperation necessary for success in life.
- Instruction in the fine arts is essential for the development of the whole child.
- Fine Arts education is for all students.
- Well-educated students have basic knowledge, skills and appreciation of the arts.
- The fine arts provide unique experiences that combine the physical, mental, social and emotional aspects of human existence.
- The fine arts are a means of communication beyond the written and spoken word.
- The fine arts are a historical component of civilization and a body of knowledge which provide a sense of cultural integrity and a sense of belonging.
- Participation in the fine arts maximizes critical thinking skills and creativity.
- Fine arts education prepares students to be successful, contributing members of society.